KDM Quality Assurance Statement
KDM Die Co., Inc. Has developed and implemented a Quality Management System in order to document the company's best business practices, better satisfy the requirements and expectations of its customers and improve the overall management of the company.
Our Quality Management system in many ways parallels the requirements of the international standard ISO 9001, if not meeting it in specific formality, is developed with similar ideology and spirit to achieve our required results.
KDM quality and inspection systems have simple, basic common elements:
- Organization- setting and assigning specific authority and responsibility for each phase of the system;
- Quality Planning- writing work instructions with realistic "defect prevention" rules, looking at manufacturing processes for possible quality trouble spots, setting acceptance/rejection standards, controlling accepted/rejected products, and setting up a means of using suppliers' and customers' failure information to improve product quality;
- Product Specification Control- making sure everyone at KDM always has the latest technical data for properly producing, inspecting, and shipping the product;
- Supplier Product Quality Control- we watch purchases to make sure that people we buy from know and observe our quality requirements as well as technical specifications;
- Measurement and Test Equipment Control- our systems insure that KDM's equipment is properly and regularly calibrated to established standards;
- Nonconforming Material Control- designed to spot defects as early in production as possible and to keep faulty items from reaching customers;
- Records and Reports- KDM's system tracks all steps of the production, inspection and shipping cycle to identify existing and potential problem areas.